Vibrant Dawn is a "morning rave" – an early yoga and dance extravaganza – that launched in Detroit at 6AM on a Tuesday in August 2016.
Now we're going to do it early on a Saturday! From 8-11am on February 18, the journey will continue in the Tangent Gallery, a buzzing hub of creative expression just north of Midtown Detroit. We’ll start with some stretching and guided movement, and then open up to a full-on dance party. Finally we’ll come together for a closing yoga class. [More schedule details coming soon.]
* No yoga experience required
* You don't have to dance the whole time
* This is a place to feel free, be yourself, and make solid connections
Massage and Reiki will be available by donation for people who want a relaxing break. Interative performers will mix in with the crowd to get people out of their shell and into creative expression. Costumes and funny outfits are encouraged, but dress comfortably.
Together we can have a huge impact on the local culture, showing people that it’s possible to act weird, have a lot of fun, and still be healthy. Let's build new community ties and show the world what we're made of!
Saturday, February 18
715 Milwaukee Ave
Detroit, MI 48202
$20 Advanced Registration (til 9PM on Feb 17)
$25 at the door
• Entry includes access to all guided movement, yoga, and dance
• Advanced registration includes a cup of cacao!
• Breakfast bar with healthy drinks and foods available for purchase
• Massage and Reiki will be available by donation (more info below)
YOGA-ONLY OPTION FOR 10-11AM
$15 advance, $18 at the door
Register at https://vibrantdawn3.eventbrite.com/ or use the box below:
This is a substance-free event. We also promote consent around physical contact and dancing with others. In short, come in an ordinary state of consciousness and treat others with respect.
Also join the Vibrant Dawn group to connect more with this growing community of people who like substance-free yoga and dance parties (i.e., AMAZING PEOPLE).
GUIDED MOVEMENT BY NICK MEADOR
MUSIC BY DJ LENA
YOGA BY CHRISSIE BINGHAM
MASSAGE AND REIKI: 10-15 minute massages will be available in the mezzanine by a suggested donation of $1 per minute.
BREAKFAST BAR hosted by Jamie Finerman of Monster Foods with items for sale throughout the event:
- Healthy morning bites and coffee by Jamie
- Soul Lift Cacao drinks and treats by the Inner Waymark crew